- Where does groundwater run and where is it stored?
- Where does most of the water come from?
- When it rains, what happens with some of the water?
- What happens when this water reaches impermeable rocks?
- Define "aquifer"
- What does groundwater form when it finds a way to the surface?
- Make a diagram of the value of groudwater.
- What kind of water is there in a glacier?
- Define "glacier"
- Where are glaciers found?
- What happens when a glacier reaches the sea?
- Define "iceberg"
- Read the following definitions and look up the following words in the dictionary (www.wordreference.com):
- Bowl-shaped depressions excavated by the force of the ice at the top of the mountains.
- The part of the glacier that flows slowly downhill:
- Fragments of rock deposited along the sides or at the end of the glacier:
jueves, 29 de noviembre de 2012
1º ESO BILINGUAL: GROUNDWATER AND GLACIERS
Answer the following questions: