UNIT 3: WATER
2.- What are rivers?
1.- Activity on-line: find a photo of a wadi and send it to my mail.
2.- Copy the following questions in your notebook and answer them using the text on page 26.
- What are rivers?
- Make a diagram (esquema) of the origin or the water of rivers.
- How is the place where a river starts called?
- Define "tributary"
- Define "basin"
- Define "flow"
- Complete the following sentences:
- If rivers are created from melting snow, ___________________
- If rivers are created from rainfall, ___________________________________
- The rivers which are dry most of the time and only have water when it rains are placed in ____________________________
- What can we transport by rivers?
- What are canals used for?
- What are reservoirs?
- Make a diagram (esquema) of the functions of reservoirs.
- What do we build on rivers to produce electricity