1.- Copy and answer the following questions:
5.- What was Greek society like?
- People who took part in politics, enjoyed many rights and paid taxes.________________
- The poor looked after the children of rich families, worked as peasantas, and sold products in markets.
- They were not allowed to take part in politics:_______________________
- They worked in agriculture or did domestic work:___________________
- They were always under the rule of a man: either their father or their husband:______________
- Only a minority of people were like this._________________
- They were not free and were owned by a family and worked for them:____________________
- They were not allowed to own land or houses:_______________________
- They were usually prisoners of war or the children of slaves:__________________
- They worked in trade and crafts:__________________________They could be free or slaves, but they had no rights:_______________
- They could not take part in politics, vote or go to public shows:_______________
- The rich looked after their homes and only went out on special occasions:________________
- They were free, paid taxes and fought in the army:____________________