You must take a photograph of a rural space. Try to find a special landscape where you can describe a lot of things that we study in Geography.
1.- You must send me your picture by mail or give it to me in a pendrive on the 17th March.
2.- The photograph must be accompanied by the following information:
- Where and when you took the photo. (Place and date)
- Explanation of the geographical theme (60-120 words). Try to explain the picture as if you were a teacher and as if you were writing the caption of a picture in a book.
Here you are some tips to comment:
- Physical elements
- Type of relief
- Lakes, reservoirs, rivers...
- Type of natural vegetation
- Type of climate
- Human elements
- Inhabited space (page 60)
- Individual farms, villages or small towns
- rural settlement
- dispersed settlement
- nucleated settlement
- interspersed settlement
- linear, nucleated or radial villages
- Cultivated space: characteristics of the plots of land (page 94)
- Crop agricultural practices (if there are in your picture) (page 96)
- Irrigated or rain-fed agriculture
- Monoculture or mixed cropping
- Intensive or extensive agriculture
- Livestock farming (if there are in your picture) (page 98)
- Extensive or intensive livestock farming
- Grazing, confined or semi-confined livestock
You don´t need to comment all the elements. Just those which appear in your photo.
Be original! Your picture is going to be hung on the wall as a PHOTO GALLERY!
The best photographs will be sent to the School Competition. You may win a prize of 125€!!!