3.- What are Asia´s relief and climate like?
Look at the map of Asia and do exercise 1 on page 64.
Answer the following questions about ASIA.
· What are the highest mountain range in the world?
· THE HIMALAYAS
· How high is the Mount Everest?
· 8,848 m
· What are the islands in the south and east of Asia formed by?
· BY THE PEAKS OF SUBMERGED MOUNTAIN RANGES
· Where can we find plateaus in Asia?
· THROUGHOUT ASIA
· What Asian plateau is the highest in the world?
· What can we find in the main Asian depressions?
· WE CAN FIND INLAND SEAS
· What are the three inland seas in Asia?
· THE CASPIAN SEA, THE ARAL SEA AND THE DEAD SEA
· What archipelagos are there off the coasts of East Asia?
· JAPAN, PHILIPPINES AND INDONESIA
· What happens to Asian rivers when snow melts or when it rains during the summer monsoons?
· THEIR FLOWS INCREASE
· In which part of Asia can we find rivers that freeze in winter?
· ON THE ARTIC SIDE
· Name two important lakes in Asia.
· LAKE BAIKAL AND THE CASPIAN SEA
· What is the deepest lake in the world, which is located in Asia?
· LAKE BAIKAL
· What is the largest lake?
· CASPIAN SEA
Study the map of Asian climates on page 65 and answer these questions.
· Which parts of Asia have cold climates?
· IN THE NORTH OF ASIA
· What landscapes do you associate with this type of climate?
· Where is the equatorial climate mainly located?
· IN PHILIPPINES AND SOUTH OF ASIA
· Which climate is similar to that of East China?MEDITERRANEAN CLIMATE